The road traffic division encompasses one of the most comprehensive and diverse collections at the German Museum of Technology. More that 200 cars and trucks, around 250 motorcycles and over 300 bicycles are included in our inventory.
Started on May 13, 2011, the doors of the new exhibition about (auto-) mobility are open. Visitors are now finally able to admire the high-wheel bicycle and luxury cars and horse-drawn carriages and world record holding race cars displayed in the 1,400 sq. metre exhibition space in the newly restored loading sheds of the former Anhalter freight station.
The exhibition "Man on the move - underway with Auto & Co" presents innovative and unusual exemplars. In addition to an assortment of carriages, bicycles and motorcycles there are 30 cars on display: from the excitingly styled Colani GT (1951) all the way to the streamlined Saab 92A (1951).
Special emphasis in the exhibition is given to electric vehicles. They serve to open the floor to the currently relevant question about whether the monopoly of the combustion engine will soon come to an end.
- Company magazine "Echo Continental", 1913-1941
- Kienzle Taximeters, 1920-1967
- NAG radiator, circa 1906
- Torpedo Three-Speed Hub by Fichtel & Sachs AG, from 1937
- Fantastic Vehicles, Year of Manufacture 2012 - created in the Junior Campus workshops of the Deutsches Technikmuseum
- Autobahn Construction under the Swastika - The Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Autobahn, 1933
The restoration of the two loading sheds is friendly sponsored by: