| |

Deutsches Technikmuseum - Exhibit of the Month

Site Navigation Menus


website overview

The Websites of the donation Stiftung Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin at a glance:

Stiftung

The donation contains six locations:

Exhibit of the Month

Browse 1/12next news

Exhibit of the Month: MECHANIACS collection by Klaus Koch, between 1970 and 2005

Photo of a round wooden breakfast board. Another vertical breakfast board, a wooden plane, a scrub brush, a Sterling heat engine with copper and glass pistons as well as a flywheel are all mounted on it in such a way that it looks like a small machine.

From everyday object to art: Legendary bulky trash from Berlin inspires to "Technical art pieces" - the complete work of Klaus Koch.

Glass cabinet
in the entrance hall

Exhibit of the Month: Megaphone, 1960s

Photo: An olive green, funnel-shaped hand megaphone with its own handle on the bottom end and a cord for hanging. © SDTB / photo: C. Kirchner

Helpful in many ways: A speaking trumpet like this allows one’s voice to be heard in order to either express an opinion or maintain order.


Exhibit of the month: Balloon clip for the "Lichtgrenze", 2014

Photo: The flat clip has a square shape and includes several notches and cutouts for tying the balloons. It is placed besides an uninflated air balloon. Both the balloon and the clip have a whitish colour. © SDTB / photo: C. Kirchner

Biodegradable clips like this were used for sealing the "Lichtgrenze" balloons, which traced the former division of the Berlin city to remember the fall of the wall 25 years ago on November 9, 1989.

Exhibition of the Month: LE SOLEIL ROYAL, circa 1690

Photo: The pediment of the SOLEIL ROYAL shows a sun chariot, driven by Sun King Louis XIV, drawn by four horses. © SDTB / Photo: C. Kirchner

During the Baroque era, distinctive prestigious architecture was not in fact limited to fixed buildings on land but could also be found at sea.


Exhibit of the Month: Jerry cans, 1943

Photo: Both cans are rectangular, around 50 centimetres high, 35 centimetres long and 15 centimetres wide. The top of each can has handles and a spout that can be closed up with a catch fastener or a screw cap, respectively.

Nowadays a millionfold everyday commodity: The journey of the classic gasoline canister into the world began in 1939 in Berlin-Johannisthal.